Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Sunday, March 18, 2012

The Lipstick League – week of 3.12.12



Lipstick League Question of the Week

 Do you change your makeup with the seasons? And if so, what are the colors you’re excited to wear this spring/summer?

G's answer: Hum...not really. I do wear darker lip colors in the fall and winter, but I pretty much keep the same core eyeshadow shades throughout the year. This spring/summer though, I'm looking forward to wearing a few more pastels (pink blushes instead of my usual corals, berries and peaches) and of course I'd like to revisit orange lipsticks. I used to wear a lot of orange lipsticks back in the early 90s but then they kind of fell out of fashion for a while, so it will be fun to wear those again. It's always a challenge with me and orange though, so I expect there will be a lot of trial and error before I find the perfect drugstore orange that works with my skintone.


Links of the Week:

Gouldylox Reviews – Embrace the orange trend with this long wearing lip gloss from Armour Beauty. Try wearing it under your regular lipstick to ease into the orange, if Lucy is too much for you on it’s own.

Krasey Beauty – shows you the newest addition to the krasey family, her pet morkie, Moe!

Nouveau Cheap – A drugstore eye makeup remover that leaves absolutely no oily residue behind? Yep, it’s as Simple as that.

Pink Sith – Tells you why she unsubscribed from Beauty Army sample service, but it’s not as bad as you think.

Prime Beauty’s – search for THE perfect coral lipstick is over. See how Lancôme’s Rouge In Love In Corail completes her.

Phyrra – My Independent Spotlight for March is with Maria of Cult Nails! Learn all about Maria and her dream.

Vampy Varnish – feeling un-artistic lately? The new Milani paint palette inspired Eyeshadow Palettesmight get the artist in you to come out!

we heart this – helps you navigate the jungle that is the makeup isle with details on the L’Oréal True Match App.

Beauty Junkies Unite – Here’s your sneak peek review of Too Faced’s new Summer Eye Palette before it hits stores late March/early April!

Clumps of Mascara – is absolutely in love with Butter London’s Spring/Summer nail polish collection. Just how cool is Knackered?

Do you change your makeup with the seasons? If so, are there any shades you're excited to wear this spring/summer?
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I am loving China Glaze's Electropop Collection. It just screams Spring/Summer to me! I picked up Kinetic Candy & Dance Baby and I think these are going to be my go to Spring shades this season.

    I love the links this week. I found a few new blogs to follow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sort of. I tend to choose my colors based on what I am wearing, so my spring/summer clothes kinda dictate what I wear, BUT I tend to wear a lot of the same colors year round so....

    I do change what products in general I use, and tend to not wear makeup (or as much of it) as often because I live in a very hot an humid state, and I am outdoors a lot (I have a mini-farm). It makes no sense to spend an hour putting on product that will melt right off my face... or a full face of makeup I'm going to have to wash off in a few hours since midday showers are a must when I spend the morning working outside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope. I live in Florida and we don't really have a winter. We have hot summer and not so hot spring, fall and winter! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah I live in FL as well so it's always spring/ summer here. I also wear a lot of neutrals anyway so it doesn't matter.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig