Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Friday, January 20, 2012

An update, a question and a favor

Hello, lovelies!

I wanted to write a post about what's going on with me, and also ask YOU a question and a favor.

So let's start with the update. As many of you know, both of my parents have been in and out of the hospital recently. I also have been having computer issues, cell phone issues, my TV suddenly stopped working AND there's apparently a severe plumbing issue in my building that's currently requiring a lot of my time (letting plumbers in and out of my home, etc.).

Because of all of this, I've fallen behind on just about everything, including this blog. I know that many of you are accustomed to having me write several blog posts per day, which I LOVE to do. So I want to thank you for your patience as I know my content hasn't been what you've come to expect. I'm trying my best to stay on top of things and post the things that REALLY need to be posted, but until I can get caught up, I have a favor to ask of you:

Instead of emailing me, tweeting me or leaving a comment on Facebook about a great deal or sale, could you please leave your comment on the You Tell Me page (located on the right-hand side of the upper menu bar)? This is the QUICKEST way to get your info out there so that everyone can read it. If you tweet, email or leave a comment on Facebook, I might miss it and then never get a chance to post about it. Thank you SO much for your help on that. And if you are a new reader, I really recommend checking the You Tell Me page at least once a week to see all of the great deals that have been submitted by readers.

The question: I am long-overdue for a new product sighting post. I've received dozens of emails from wonderful readers who have sent pics of great new products hitting the drugstores, but these types of posts are very time-consuming for me to create, so by the time I finally get my act together and post these new products, they might not be so new anymore. Would you still like to see the photos even though they might not be "brand new"? I would LOVE if you'd leave your response in the comments on this post. I am so grateful for your photos, but since I'm so behind, I'm wondering if it would actually help anyone to see these products since they may already be in most drugstores by now.

Now, here's what's on tap for the next few weeks:
  • New Wet n Wild 2012 collections - reviews and swatches
  • New Jordana glitter polishes - swatches of all shades
  • New Milani 2012 collections - reviews and swatches
  • Review: Maybelline Eye Tattoo
  • Review: Revlon ColorStay Creme Gel Eyeliner
  • Review: Almay Intense i-Color dual-ended shadow sticks
  • Review: L'Oreal EverCreme Low Cleansing Conditioner
  • A giveaway from Jordana
  • Review: Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Concealer
  • NK Nail enamel - swatches of various shades
  • Review: Camielle Beckman Glycerin Hand Therapy
  • Review: Avon skincare (various)
  • A new "What I'm Loving Right Now" post
  • A new "Drugstore Classics Revisited" post
  • A new "From the Vintage Vault" post (yep, I'm bringing back that series!)

I also want you to know that even though I'm severely behind on everything at the moment, I do read every comment that comes through, and I always try to respond to comments as time permits. I know it's hit or miss with that right now, but please know that I am trying. I also read every email that comes my way, but like I mentioned earlier, I'm so behind on email at this point, I don't know if I'll ever catch up. That's why it's so important that if you have helpful info to share, I ask that you consider posting it here so that we can all read about it instantly.

Thanks SO much for reading this, and for your patience and understanding. I know I always say it, but this blog would literally be NOTHING without your input, contributions and support, so I want to thank you again for hanging in there with me during this time.

G. xo

PS: I'm so angry that my cell phone hasn't been working properly (I just received a replacement and THAT one doesn't work either). I spotted the new Sally Hansen Real Nail Polish Strips Spring LE collection today and WOW are they adorable! Pastel shades of plaids, polka dots, butterflies and the most adorable little pastel chickies design I have EVER seen. Hopefully my phone will work soon so I can post some pics!
SHARE:

26 comments

  1. I totally understand what you are going through. I'm going through something very similar myself with my daughter right now. I feel like I'm so behind reading the blogs I follow and my YT videos that I love to watch. Seems like I'll never catch up. I'm just on the internet here and there, checking in and posting updates for family. Your blog is amazing and several of the reviews you have coming up, I am really interested in. The You Tell Me section is amazing. I check it as often as possible. Please don't take the time to answer this, use the time for something else. I hope things are going better for your family, if not now, I hope it is better soon! Thanks for all you do!
    Peg~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Things will get better soon! I am a foreign reader so most times anyway the items are not available for months in my country so I will still appreciate the late sightings and post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the post line-up! And I know you have a lot on your plate, but could you maybe do a "top three drugstore foundation" post? I'm getting more into foundation and I want to find a nice drugstore one.

    -hannah

    ReplyDelete
  4. G, you are doing great, I don't know how you do several blog postings a day! I'm lucky if I can manage one a week! :-) I would love to see not-so-new product sightings...because we always seem to be late getting the new stuff anyway (upstate NY)! Take care, things will slow down eventually! I can't wait to see all the upcoming posts/reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope things calm down for you soon! I still love to see the new posts and pictures because sometimes the "new" items don't release near me in Florida until a month after they are new. So they would still be new to me, even if you feel like it's late to the game. Thanks for all you do for us makeup lovers with your blog and other media. Can't even tell you how much money you've saved me on bad products and help in finding good ones! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. G, you are simply amazing! first, i want to say that i'm sending many many prayers your way for your parents, family and YOU! :) try not to stress! we all love you! and i hope i can speak for everyone when i say i am still SO thankful for whatever you have time to post! i will certainly be waiting patiently, and definitely understand that you can only do so much!! again, thoughts and prayers!! <3 :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can only do what you can do when you can do it. Dont fret! We'll be here! You do an awesome job-thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with a.k. that I am still thankful for whatever you post - your reviews/comparison are always so helpful and in depth I can only imagine how much is invested in each post. So while I will still be obsessively checking your blog for new posts:), do what you can do when you can like XoTopazoX said. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey G, I'm sorry you're stressing about the blog!

    Go take care of your life - we'll all be waiting for you when you get back!

    I'm really looking forward to your reviews of the new Wet n Wild products - but I'm not in a hurry, whenever you have the time I will be delighted to read them :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw don't worry about us. We understand completely and I think your doing an amazing job. I'm new to your blog/blogging in general but I am so grateful for everything you post.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm really looking forward to your
    "Vintage Vault" series, those were my favourite posts! (:

    ReplyDelete
  12. G, you are so sweet and I appreciate all the time and thought you put into this blog so very much. That being said, please don't beat yourself up about being behind! We understand that your family comes first - I'm so thankful your parents are out of the hospital and I really hope it stays that way! (This is ChanShelly from twitter by the way; I won your Milani giveaway a while back)

    ReplyDelete
  13. PLEASE do a vintage vault post soon! those are my favorite posts that you do!:)

    Dont worry about not posting that often, we understand. Life happens and things come up that you wish didn't consume so much time but (unforunetly) do. It's still a lot more posts then alot of people do on a regular basis! We love ya G!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good luck with everything! To answer your question, I check your blog everyday for all the latest updates on drugstore makeup but I'll be fine without a new product sighting post, since I shop at RA and CVS very often anyway and like you said, most of the products are probably out by now.

    The post line-up looks good; can't wait! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you so much for all of your wonderful work on this blog. I loveeee everything you do and understand that family always come first. I look forward to reading your blog everyday. Please post up everything you have. I don't mind whether or not it is late. I just love the information that you give us to help us save money and help us be a smart shopper for drugstore makeup products.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Please don't stress over not posting enough! You already help us all so much, we couldn't possibly ask for more! I don't mind one bit if you skip the sightings and pictures posts for a bit.

    I will say, the things I am most looking forward to are:
    *****Maybelline Eye Tattoo review
    --WnW collections review/swatches
    --Jordana glitter polishes

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sending best thoughts you & your family's way.
    You just do whatever you're comfortable with on a personal level girl. No pressure, just gratitude for how dedicated you are to this community :D
    LUV to you G! You are the hardest-working blogger I know. THANK YOU for everything you do :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I say move on, trudge forward! You have an amazing line-up of posts for us already, why get bogged down with things that you feel may be out of place? I think it will cause you more stress if you try to post all the photos AND do everything else you have on your plate. There's my 2 cents! We all love this blog and appreciate everything that you do :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Lovey! Plz take care of you & your parents. Sadly, when you get to a certain age you have to care for aging parents...trust me, I know. My advice is to scrap what isn't "New" anymore & move on. That list of yours is long! I wouldn't worry about the stuff you're "behind on" & just move forward. You need to take care of YOU! If you're not careful, you're going to get sick yourself. :( Remember Hunny...you can't be everywhere for everyone every time. Love you,Ter xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  20. I would love to see pics of new products, even if they're not so new anymore, but if they take a lot of time to post then I think you should just skip them and focus on reviews, swatches, and news etc. Thank you for all the work you put in and I wish you and your family success, good health and much happiness! x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Drugstore classics and vintage vault? OMG! *dancing in my seat*

    I'll read anything you post whenever you have time to post it. No hurry. We love you G!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, I don't even know what to say here. Thank you all so VERY much for all of your love and support. I have been so stressed lately and reading your comments just about brought me to tears (in a good way!). I cannot thank you enough for your support and understanding--it means the world to me and I wish I could give each and every one of you a big hug right now!

    If I can do the new product pic post in the next week, I will do it for sure. If not, I'll move ahead and start fresh with true "new" product posts in the future.

    Thanks again, everyone, for the extremely touching comments. I love you all so much!

    G. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yes I would like to see a post on these. You can always mention not so new, but I do not frequent the drugstores enough to see all the new products, plus they are not always in a place I might look.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Real life and family are priority so you do what you need to do first. Please remember to take care of yourself, too, because it's really easy to forget yourself during times like this. I really appreciate all the effort and time you put into this blog (even tho I'm canadian and can't get most of this stuff! torture!) and will await your return or however many posts you can manage :) All the best & good health to you and yours :D

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hannah,
    This one is G's HG (holy grail/favorite) foundation: http://nouveaucheap.blogspot.com/2009/12/review-new-physicians-formula-healthy.html
    Some stores may be discontinuing it, so hopefully you can find it clearance priced, try CVS.

    This was a recent foundation recommendation: http://nouveaucheap.blogspot.com/2011/02/review-covergirl-natureluxe-silk.html

    Also you can learn a lot from readers here and what we like (read the comments in each of these) here: http://nouveaucheap.blogspot.com/2011/09/wednesday-question_28.html

    here: http://nouveaucheap.blogspot.com/2011/06/nouveau-cheap-readers-have-spoken-your.html

    and here: http://nouveaucheap.blogspot.com/2011/04/wednesday-question_13.html

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig