Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Sunday, January 22, 2012

The Lipstick League – week of 1.16.12



Lipstick League Question of the Week: 

Do you have any makeup/beauty tricks for looking more awake? 

G's answer: lining my waterline with a black liner always seems to make my eyes appear brighter, especially when I'm not feeling so bright. Also, when I do this, I like to add a highlighting shade (a powder eyeshadow in champagne, etc.) to my lower lash line and it really makes my eyes come alive. I also love using a light shade of shimmery blush (peach or bronze) to the tops of my cheekbones and right above my eyebrows just to give myself some more color on days when I'm looking blah. And a nice pinky-brown lipstick always makes me look more awake without looking over-the-top.

Links of the Week:


Nouveau Cheap – Pssst! Want to the know the quickest and easiest way to make drugstore rewards work for you? Get 25 to 50% off your beauty purchases ASAP and stop throwing money down the drain!

Pink Sith – has completely lost it over the new NARS Eyeshadow in Lhasa from the 2012 Spring Collection!

Prime Beauty – invites you to Sunday Brunch with Jouer. Relax, enjoy some champagne, good food and of course, makeup!

Phyrra – presents a variety of lovely lipsticks and pigmented lipglosses from Morgana Cryptoria.

Vampy Varnish – highly recommends the new Kat Von D Mi Vida Loca True Romance Eyeshadow Palette.

we heart thisDERMAdoctor’s Photodynamic Therapy lotion harness the sun’s rays to create a sunlight activated laser similar to red light lasers used in doctor’s offices. What has YOUR lotion done for you lately?

Clumps of Mascara – is in love with Finger Paints’ Twisted nail polish. What’s better than a flakie?

EauMG – falls in love with a natural citrus floral perfume, LUSH 1000 Kisses Deep.

Gouldylox Reviews – can’t stop raving about three things this week.

Krasey Beauty – Read all about the new Sigma Beauty Eyeshadow palettes, see the swatches, and then decide for yourself if they are worth your time and money. K.B sure thinks they are!

What do you do when you want to look more awake?
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Champagney shimmery shadow on my lids (no crease color), black winged eyeliner, and pink blush.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have a specific champagne colored powered eyeshadow to recommend?

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig