Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Monday, November 28, 2011

Jordana at Walgreens Part 7: LOL Lip Out Loud Super Shiny Glosses

Continuing my series of the Jordana products that you can now find at Walgreens, I thought it was appropriate to get this post up ASAP considering the Cyber Monday sale that's going on now through 11/29. I have additional Jordana products to cover in this series and if I can get those posts up before the sale ends, I'll definitely do it.

 Jordana LOL Lip Out Loud Super Shiny Glosses
(retail: $1.99 each)

There are 15 shades in this range and I received eight for review. You can view the entire range here




 I want to warn you that the above pics are not color-accurate for all of the glosses. I'll show you some better photos and swatches that have been adjusted for color-accuracy in a moment.


 I like the packaging of these glosses. The case is nice and sturdy with a slightly tapered design. I also like the doe-foot applicator; it's thin and angled for precise application.

I don't understand why, but my camera seems to go berserk whenever I try to photograph pink or red lipglosses lipglosses. The following images have been adjusted for color accuracy (to the best of my abilities) but I will let you know in each description if there's something I think you need to know about a particular shade.


XOXO is a true cherry red (my photos make it seem a bit more orange than it is in real life) and it's a sheer red that has nice pigmentation. This one contains no shimmer or sparkle.


BFF was not acting very best-friend-like for my camera. In real life, this is actually a very bright hot pink that is blue-based (cool). This is another sheer but nicely pigmented shade with no shimmer or sparkle.


 GR8 is a medium-toned shimmery blue-based pink in real life. It's a touch cooler than the pic above.


E-123 is a medium-toned warm pink with cool pink shimmer. It's one of those shades that would probably work on both cool or warm complexions. This one's sheerer than the three glosses above.


BTW is a sheer peach with no shimmer or sparkle. This one actually looks almost like a clear gloss on my lips, but it does deliver a hint of color.


ASAP is super sparkly in the tube--it's packed with pink glitter. On the lips, it's actually a clear base with pink glitter, making it a nice choice to add some sparkle to an existing lipstick.


TTYL is probably my favorite of the bunch. In the tube, I thought this was going to be more of a rose-gold shade but, when on the skin, the gold is more pronounced. It gives my lips a beautiful, warm orangey-golden sheen but there's just enough of the peach base to keep it from making me look like something out of a sci-fi movie.


LOL is the clear shade in the range. 

All of the following swatches are pretty accurate (on my monitor at least) with the exception of BFF, which is much more of a blue-based magenta in real life:





Texture: I find the texture of these glosses to be right in the middle--not too heavy or thick, yet not thin or watery. There is very minimal stickiness.

Shine: These glosses have a nice amount of shine to them. However, the sheer shades that don't contain shimmer seem to have more shine than the shades that contain shimmer.

Pigmentation: With the exception of BTW (sheer peach) and LOL (clear), I think these glosses have decent pigmentation. They are not liquid lipsticks, so you won't be blown away by their opacity, but for sheer glosses I think the pigmentation is good.

Fragrance and Flavor: all of the glosses in this range smell and taste like watermelon.

Staying Power: Since there's a tiny bit of stickiness to these, the pigmentation is better than glosses that have no stickiness. I can get about 2-3 hours of wear from most of the shades.

FINAL VERDICT: If you like sheer glosses that aren't very sticky, you might enjoy this collection. In terms of the shade range, I don't think there's anything ground-breaking here, but lots of these colors would work on a variety of skintones because of their sheer nature. I find them all to be quite wearable, but. my favorites are XOXO (sheer cherry red), BFF (sheer blue-based hot pink) and TTYL (peachy-golden shimmer).  These aren't full-opacity glosses, but if you go into it knowing that they're on the sheer side, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

You can purchase LOL Lip Out Loud Super Shiny Glosses at Walgreens or online here.

A sample of this product was given to Nouveau Cheap for editorial purposes, either directly from the manufacturer or from the agency that works on behalf of the manufacturer. All reviews on NouveauCheap.blogspot.com are the honest opinion of its author and editorial samples do not, in any way, affect the outcome of product reviews.
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. I love these glosses! I can't even remember what colors I have but for $1.99 each they can't be beat. And the watermelon scent? I love that it's different from all the other vanilla/marshmallow scents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited I ordered two of these! One in BFF and one in VIP.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, they didn't send you my favorite, E-123-- it's a sheer bright pink packed with tiny hot pink glitter. Looks awesome over anything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hermione: Yay! So glad you like them too! And I agree about the watermelon scent. Such a nice change of pace. :)

    TheMakeupism: Glad you got your questions answered about the free shipping and were able to place an order!

    graziaplena: Yes they did! I swatched it in this post, actually. :) I bet you were thrown off because my darned camera distorted the shade so much. LOL! I tried to color correct it, but I think the actual swatches on my skin are pretty close. Do you agree? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops, reading comprehension fail! My bad! Yeah, the swatch looks pretty accurate but your camera pulled the tube very orange!

    I tried to take a picture with my camera, but it's kinda crappy, so here's the best I got... http://i40.tinypic.com/sfi7x0.jpg & http://i39.tinypic.com/ae2zif.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  6. glosses look very sheer but lovely

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really loved the INCOLOR Pretty Shine Luxury Glosses by Jordana, but they don't make 'em anymore. I think these replaced them. Did you ever use the Pretty Shine glosses, and if so, how do these LOL glosses compare?

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig