Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Friday, September 23, 2011

Review: Softsoap Juicy Pomegranate & Mango Infusions Bar Soap

Softsoap Juicy Pomegranate & Mango Infusions Bar Soap
(retail: $3.99, 3.9 oz)

Ever since I posted about these new Softsoap bar soaps back in the beginning of August, I've been anxious to try one. I was recently contacted by Softsoap and sent this soap for review, so I'd love to share my thoughts with you.


From Softsoap:

The Softsoap bar soap line (launched August 2011) - Locks in moisture and was specially created to excite your senses. The line will be available in three delicious fragrances- Juicy Pomegranate & Mango Infusions, Coconut Scrub and Sweet Honeysuckle & Orange Peel. 

I love the Softsoap body wash in Juicy Pomegranate & Mango, which is actually sitting in my shower right now. I'm happy I have both, because I can tell you how similar the fragrance of the bar soap is to the body wash.

 Pink bar soap in my shower makes me happy.

I was pleasantly surprised, when I opened the box, to find that this soap is actually pink! For some reason, I had assumed that this was going to be a red glycerin soap. Also, it's got tiny bits of, I'm guessing pomegranate, in the soap itself:


As for the fragrance, it is similar to the body wash but, due to it being a bar soap, it is a bit different. I can detect the "bar soap base" in this product, but combined with the fragrance of pomegrante and mango, I find it very pleasing. It has a hint of "clean" to it that the body wash does not possess.

The fragrance is strong, but not knock-your-socks-off strong. I had the box sitting on my desk, opened, for a few days before I used it, and I loved that my entire desk area smelled of pomegrante and mango.


This soap provides me with a nice, rich, creamy lather (as opposed to a thinner, more airy lather). My favorite way to use bar soap is to rub it into my (wet) bath pouf until I get a nice lather going. I find that I can cleanse my entire body with the lather this soap provides without having to "re-suds" my bath pouf.

My skin is left with a squeaky-clean feel after using this soap, but I don't find it excessively drying. I don't think I could skip my usual dose of body lotion after using this soap, but I don't find that I need more body lotion than usual after I use this product.

FINAL VERDICT: If you're already a fan of the body wash by the same name, and you like bar soaps, you might want to give this one a whirl. I think it's a nice new addition to the Softsoap line, and I enjoy the touch of "clean" in the fragrance of this product. Plus, you just can't beat a pink bar soap in your shower, right?

Have you tried any of the new Softsoap bar soaps yet? How do you like them? I can't wait to try the Sweet Honeysuckle and Orange Peel bar soap next, since that's my favorite Softsoap fragrance of all time.

A sample of this product was given to Nouveau Cheap for editorial purposes, either directly from the manufacturer or from the agency that works on behalf of the manufacturer. All reviews on NouveauCheap.blogspot.com are the honest opinion of its author and editorial samples do not, in any way, affect the outcome of product reviews.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig