Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Monday, August 15, 2011

Ten Questions with Nicole from Nightly Nails


I'm so thrilled that you all seem to be enjoying this new interview series. Thanks SO much for the great feedback, and I will certainly continue this series in the future. Today I'm interviewing the lovely Nicole from Nightly Nails.


Niki and I have known each other for probably two years now, and I first "met" her when she had her other nail blog, Magic Maid. Now she's the face the behind the beautiful nails you see on Nightly Nails, and let me tell you--one swatch from her can ignite an instant lemming for me. I don't know what it is about her reviews (her nails, her photos, her descriptions?) but I'm not ashamed to admit her posts have caused me to empty my wallet on more than a few occassions. Not only is Niki's blog filled with eye candy, she's just about the sweetest gal you'd ever want to know: real, sincere, warm, kind and hysterical. AND she's a fellow Sagittarius, which explains our instant connection!


1) Why did you start your blog?

I originally started my blog because I wanted to segue from doing YouTube videos into blogging. However, this little plan didn't work out - my posts on cosmetics received no interest, and my posts on nail polish were very well received! I was already finding out about the nail polish blogging world and found myself hooked on nail polish, so I started posting more and more on polish. Magic Maid the makeup blog morphed into Magic Maid the nail polish blog. Now, I've got Nightly Nails, and I started that with full intentions of doing mostly nail polish reviews. 

2) What are your favorite high end brands?

Urban Decay and Nars.

3) What are your favorite mass market/drugstore brands?

Wet N Wild, Maybelline, Rimmel. Although these days I use mainly indie cosmetics!

4) Name three of your Holy Grail products.

Urban Decay Primer Potion (that stuff changed my view on eye shadow, forever!), Neutrogena eye makeup remover pads, Revlon Quick Dry Top Coat

5) How would you classify your personal style?

Hrm. I don't even know how to define that! I'm a conglomerate of styles, I guess. 
 
6) What's your favorite thing about having a blog?

My readers. I love interacting with them! And beyond that, my fellow bloggers. I have so many rich and wonderful friendships that have formed because of blogging, and I find we have similar interests outside of our little niche of nail polish blogging.

7) What non-beauty-related websites do you visit on a regular basis?

Oh, I'm slightly obsessed with Tumblr. I don't even know how I got hooked.  I also like to stalk The Food Network and BPAL forums, although that could be considered beauty related. 

8) What's your favorite television program?

The sadly defunct Six Feet Under and Lost. Now, I spend my time swooning over True Blood.
 
9) Who is your celebrity crush?

I love the nerdy guys. John Cusack!

10) If you didn't have a blog, how would you use that extra time?
 
I'm not even sure! When I took a break between Magic Maid and Nightly Nails, to be honest I missed it so much. I did a lot of reading and cooking though.

Thanks so much, Niki, for taking the time to answer these questions! One more thing we have in common: our mutual love of John Cusack. *swoon*

SHARE:

3 comments

  1. I LOVE Niki! She truly is a sincere person you can instantly be-friend, and she makes me LOL routinely.

    P.S. John Cusack is da shiz!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post so much. You are so right about Niki, she is one of the most genuine and warm hearted ladies I have come across through blogging. I really enjoyed reading her answers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicole is so sweet and has great nails!

    I also love John Cusack, even though I wasn't around when he was stealing hearts as Lloyd Dobler.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig