Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, August 18, 2011

A closer look at the 2011 L'Oreal Color of Hope collection

After Maria showed us pics of one of the new L'Oreal Color of Hope displays (I'm assuming there are at least two displays floating around in the drugstores because there are nail polishes in this collection as well), and then seeing NeutraKris's review of the Sentimental Splendor quad, I'm getting more and more jazzed to see this collection up close and personal!

And now, my longtime reader Jess was kind enough to take some pics and swatches of the products she purchased:

image credit for all of the following photos: Jess for Nouveau Cheap



Nostalgic Beauty

Jess says that the light brown/taupe (bottom right) has copper shimmer and the darkest brown (bottom left) has gold shimmer.


Sentimental Splendor


After seeing that pretty brownish-reddish-green shade in Sentimental Splendor, Jess decided to pull out MAC Club and L'Oreal HiP pigment in Intrepid to see see what they look like next to it--looks pretty close, huh?


But then Jess swatched MAC Club and HiP Intrepid next to the green in Sentimental Splendor:



Just as NuetraKris said in her review, the "green" in the Sentimental Splendor quad looks greener in the pan than on the skin. Not a dupe of MAC Club/HiP Intrepid. It's more of a reddish-brown with slight green tendencies.

Jess also purchased both of the LE glosses in this collection:


According to Jess, Hopeful is a midtone pink with gold shimmer and Admiration is beige with silver shimmer (not chunky).

A huge thanks to Jess for all the helpful info and pics!

I hope this helps give you a better idea of some of the products in the 2011 Color of Hope collection. Have you spotted this collection at your local drugstores yet? If so, have you purchased anything? Thoughts?
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. I have the Splendor quad, and on my skin, that green-brown shade looks like a dark brown with layers of brickish-red undertones. Funny how makeup does that. And I also picked up the nail polish from this line called Valiant, and it's sitting right next to Revlon's Carbonite. I didn't realize that they were so similar until I put them side-by-side! I think L'oreal's polish is more goldish (warm), whereas the Revlon polish is more silvery (cool). I'm waiting till next week to pick up the other nail polish shades because of the BOGO sales. I totally wish that drugstores would bring back a true BOGO FREE sale. Those were the days, right?

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the nostalgic one and the glitter in it is beautiful everyone should go get it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I swatched an open one today at Ulta, and there was no pigment for me.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig