Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Reader Review: Suave Naturals Creamy Apricot & Orange Blossom Exfoliating Body Wash


Time for another fab Reader Review, and this one's from my wonderful, longtime reader beautifulmonday! Take it away, beautifulmonday:

I received a coupon from Suave in the mail for one free bottle of their new Creamy Naturals body wash line, which has three different scent selections: Cocoa Butter and Shea, Milk and Honey Splash, and Creamy Apricot and Orange Blossom. The other two smelled nice enough, but I brought home the apricot one because it had a unique scent. Regular retail for this product is $2.00 for 12 oz, though at my grocery store they were $2.50.

image credit: beautifulmonday for Nouveau Cheap
Suave Naturals Creamy Apricot & Orange Blossom Exfoliating Body Wash
(retail: around $2, 12 oz)

 

image credit: beautifulmonday for Nouveau Cheap 

I didn't notice until I photographed the bottle that the apricot wash is exfoliating body wash, whereas the other two are simply labeled as body wash. (All three are "enriched with milk proteins"). But that explained the tiny brown flecks I noticed when using the body wash!

 image credit: beautifulmonday for Nouveau Cheap

I checked the label but none of the ingredients stand out as the exfoliating component. besides hydrolyzed milk proteins, this bodywash contains honey, sunflower and apricot kernel oils. Here is the full ingredient list:  

Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycerin, Acrylates Copolymer, Cocamide MEA, Fragrance, Polyethylene, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Fruit Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Hydrolyzed Milk Protein, Honey Extract, PPG-9, Ammonium Chloride, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Iron Oxides, Mica, Red 33, Titanium Dioxide, Yellow 5.

This stuff looks really pretty, though it didn't photograph as well as I thought. It comes out of the bottle like liquid gold, with tiny shimmers, little brown flecks, and liquid capsules filled with shea butter, which you can see in the photo of the liquid in my hand.

 image credit: beautifulmonday for Nouveau Cheap

It lathers up beautifully (though I'm guilty of using far more than I need!) and leaves my skin feeling soft. You can just barely feel the exfoliants when you use it- I think it's so creamy that they get spread out perhaps too much. It certainly doesn't have that "scrubby" feeling....it's more like a gentle rub.

Can we talk about the scent of this product? Oh my goodness! I am not usually able to describe scent very well, but let me tell you, this stuff is going to be a permanent fixture in my shower. At first, as I lather, the fruity apricot is most apparent, but as I spread it around my body, I discern a subtle vanilla note, and then the scent of orange blossoms. It's a potent combination of fruity, milky, sweet, and floral, and I am madly in love with it. I think it's a really nice scent for summer, since it doesn't really linger on the skin, but I fully intend to keep using it year-round.

For $2 retail, you cannot go wrong with this product! It's a lovely little luxury, and I'd love to hear your opinions if you try it!

Thanks so much, beautifulmonday, for such a thoughtful, informative, and persuasive review. I NEED this body wash now and I'm not kidding. "Liquid gold" and "potent combination of fruity, milky, sweet and floral" sealed the deal for me!
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I got the coupon from Suave also & bought this body wash. I really do like the smell & it makes my skin so soft.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a must have! Love Suave! I just picked up at Walmart a new Suave body lotion, Sandalewood and Cinnamon. Very autumnal and spicy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is directed to beautifulmonday: the Polyethylene is the ingredient that provides the scrub action to this body wash. Not an environmentally sound ingredient unfortunately but it does provide a good physical exfoliation.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig