Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Sunday, July 31, 2011

The Lipstick League – week of 7.25.11


My picture for the week has a funny story behind it. Last weekend was ComicCon here in San Diego, and I happened to be downtown on the Friday night of ComicCon and thought I spotted Alexander Skarsgard walking down the street. This wouldn't be an unrealistic scenario since he was part of the True Blood panel earlier that day. So anyway, I rushed to grab my phone and snap a pic (I mean, who wouldn't, right?) but as you can see, he's not even in the shot. What's worse? It actually wasn't him--just another very tall blonde guy. Oh well. 

The Lipstick League Question of the Week: 

What’s your favorite skincare line?

G's Answer: As many of you might already know, I'm horrible when it comes to skincare. I don't use any fancy products and I don't have as many steps to my routine as I probably should. That said, I don't really have a favorite skincare line. I like certain products from a variety of lines (Alpha Hydrox, Neutrogena, St. Ives, L'Oreal, Olay) but I just can't pick one that I like above the others. Although if money (and shipping fees) weren't a factor, I KNOW I would have more products in my stash from Mario Badescu (love the Hyaluronic Eye Cream).

Links of the Week:

Orange to LA – shares her casual yet cool Style Essentials, see what items she needs to have in her stash at ALL times.

Pink Sith – Had made the decree that she will be buried with her Urban Decay Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner in Perversion…not that she’s morbid or anything.

Phyrra – is delighted with the 15-Year Anniversary Eye Shadow Collection from Urban Decay.

Prime Beauty – was dazed and confused— but oh so happy after visiting the Inglot Cosmetics store.

Vampy Varnish – declares that Wet n Wild Mega Eyes Cream Liner is better than MAC Blacktrack!

we heart this – The MAC Colourization eye shadow duos have us hungry like the wolf! Join us on a swatch fest set to classic 80s albums.

Beauty Junkies Unite – Check out the review & swatches for the Touring America Collection by OPI, before its official launch date!

Clumps of Mascara – is shocked that Essence’s polishes are so cheap and yet so delightful.

EauMG – Victoria of EauMG takes a trip to Washington’s lavender land!

Lipglossiping – is all of a flutter test-driving Benefit’s new They’re Real! mascara. Come see the before & after photos and be impressed!

Nouveau Cheap – reviews one of the new L’Oreal Color Riche le Gloss lipglosses. A “your lips but better” shade that tastes like chocolatey marshmallow? Yes, please.


What's your favorite skincare line?
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. I use St.Ive's blemish and blackhead control scrub...and The Body Shop's seaweed toner...oh and CVS makeup remover...thanks for that recommendation too btw. I finally found my holy grail remover! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look of these fun glitter polishes...but they are so difficult to remove, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. btrfly98: OMG, I am so thrilled that you tried the CVS makeup remover and that it worked for you!!! You totally made my day, girlie. xo

    Violetgoblin: Not if you use the foil method!! I posted about this method of removing stubborn polish a while ago, but here's a great tutorial if you're interested:

    http://www.pinksith.com/2010/03/glitter-nail-polish-removal-made-simple.html

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig