Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Sunday, May 22, 2011

Update regarding the weekly drugstore makeup sales


Lovelies, I must have been half asleep when I was compiling the info for my Weekly Drugstore Makeup Sale post, because I seem to have left out two very important bits of info. There are two even BETTER deals going on at Walgreens and CVS this week:

UPDATE: There's a Softsoap and Irish Spring body wash deal this week at CVS that apparently varies from region to region. In SOME regions, the deal will be 2/$6 with $5 Extra Bucks, which breaks down to $0.50 per body wash. In other regions, the sale is 2/$7 with $5 Extra Bucks, which of course breaks down to $1 per body wash. Since the limit is ONE, I don't believe you can "roll" it, which means that you can purchase 2 body washes, receive $5 Extra Bucks, and then turn around and use that $5 Extra Bucks to buy 2 more body washes and only pay $1 out of pocket. HOWEVER, I don't believe you will receive an additional $5 Extra Bucks for your second purchase. Thanks to everyone who left comments on this post for setting me straight. You ladies are such a tremendous source of info--I really appreciate it!

And finally, I want to thank my awesome reader Lily for pointing out that the 40% off Revlon sale at Walgreens is even BETTER, because when you spend $10, you get $3 back in Register Rewards. And you know what you can do with those $3 in Register Rewards? You can use them toward some of the clearance goodies at Walgreens! CVS isn't the only drugstore to have goodies on clearance right now!

And don't forget that, this week, you can get a FREE 18-count pack of Scunci hair elastics ($2 with $2 Register Rewards) and then you could use the Register Rewards for more clearance makeup!

Happy shopping!
SHARE:

9 comments

  1. Just to let you know. Bed bath n beyond is also having a clearance sale. Alot of items are getting yellow tagged making it like 30%-75% off. They also have lots of clearance bins and end stands. Plus you can use the 20% coupon if you get it in the mail or if you sign up for their newsletter through email. Also they have coupons in the mail for $5.00 off $15.00 purchase making it $10.00!!!

    This is only at certain bed bath n beyond stores that carry the drugstore products! Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got some soft-soap this morning! FYI, pricing will vary depending on the region. Some areas are having this deal 2/$7, so in the end it's a dollar each. Not bad of a price, still. This deal has a limit of one, so you probably can't roll. You can, however, roll the crap out of the revlon nail polish, up to 6 polishes total. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. AHHHH nooo...Revlon colorstay line or revlon nail polishes...not the entire revlon cosmetics

    ReplyDelete
  4. Regarding CVS... you *can* roll your ECBs, but the Softsoap deal is limit 1. :( I bought them yesterday and can confirm it's limit 1. So, you can buy 2 body washes then use the $5ECB to get 2 more, but you won't get another $5ECB!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My local cvs ad says the softsoap and irish body wash is 2/$7 and get $5 ecb. are they ringing up as 2/$6 and get $5 ecb?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been rollin ECBs at CVS for years! Works like a charm!

    ReplyDelete
  7. the soft soap was 2 for $7 at my cvs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really lucked up yesterday at CVS on the Softsoap deal on the coconut scrub I love. When I scanned my card, I received a $5 coupon as part of my beauty club rewards, which I applied towards my Softsoap purchase. I still have my $5 Extrabucks coupon to use toward a future purchase.

    Also, I think Ulta is still having its Buy 2 Get 1 free sale on Revlon cosmetics. If you have a $5 off coupon (there was one in the May Instyle issue, I think) or the 20% off coupon that you can print from the website, those coupons can be applied toward the purchase as well. Thanks again for all the info!

    ReplyDelete
  9. thegirl: WOW! That's awesome! Thanks SO much for the heads-up! :D

    Linda: Aaaaah, that explains why some people are finding this for 2/$7! You are such an amazing wealth of info, honey! Thank you, thank you. PS: LOL @ "roll the crap out of the Revlon deal" :D You made my day with that one!!

    makeupbynichole: I never said it was ALL Revlon products. I was referring to the deal I listed on my Weekly Drugstore Makeup post, which indicates that the 40% off sale is for ColorStay, polish and implements. Hope that helps!

    Sephiria: THANK YOU!! That totally makes sense now! :D

    Amz: According to Linda (above) this sale is varying from region to region. In my area (San Diego) the sale for 2/$6, but apparently it's different in other regions, which would explain why you're seeing it 2/$7. Sorry to get your hopes up! :(

    Maureen: Oooh, really? So does it work only when there's no limit stated in the ad? Thanks!!

    olatundeajibola: Aaah! Thank you. I'm sorry that this sale is varying from region to region. In my area it's 2/$6. :(

    sabrinaj99: Work it, girl!!! LOL! :) And thanks for all the great Ulta info! Whoo hoo! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig