Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Sunday, May 22, 2011

The Lipstick League - week of 5.16.11


The only thing I love more than savory Japanese food is: SWEET Japanese food! The above picture was taken at my favorite local Japanese ramen house, and I'm drooling all over again just looking at it. This dessert is comprised of warm, delicious mochi balls coated in toasted sesame seeds and filled with delicious red bean paste (and, of course, drizzled in chocolate). Each bite was like sinking your teeth into a little cloud. Yum yum.

The Lipstick League Question of the Week:

Which products would you confiscate from your 16 year old self’s makeup bag?!

G's answer: When I was 16, I actually wouldn't have confiscated anything from my makeup bag, but rather, I would have GIVEN myself a set of tweezers. I look back at pictures of myself at that time and say, "What are those two giant caterpillars on my face?" I wouldn't have asked myself to go crazy with the tweezers at that point, but I definitely would have told myself to clean up those caterpillars a bit.


Links of the Week:

Pink Sith - Knows the end is coming when she professes her love for a 2nd Clinique product, Pore Refining Solutions Correcting Serum!

Phyrra - My Independent Spotlight for May is Geek Chic Cosmetics! Learn all about the people behind the company in this unique interview.

Vampy Varnish - Get your glow on with Pixi Lumi Lux Radiance Powder.

we heart this - MAC's Surf, Baby! has us riding a beautiful wave, especially the Surf the Ocean Crushed Metallic pigments.

Beauty Junkies Unite - shows you that the new Hello Kitty for Sephora "Memoirs of a Kitty" Collection isn't for kids! The eyeshadow & blush palette is to die for.

EauMG - This niche Hollywood perfume house will have you smelling like a 1950’s poolside pin-up with their Kitten. Meow!

Nouveau Cheap - gives you an up-close look at the last of the three limited edition Summer 2011 collections from Wet n Wild: Inked (inspired by urban art culture).

Orange to LA - is on her 4th container of LUSH Oatifix Fresh Face Mask. Find out why she’s smitten!


What item would you confiscate from your 16-yr-old self's makeup bag?
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I was closer to 14 than 16 when I did this, but I used to have a thing for pale, frosty pink lipglosses. They do NOT work for me. I would confiscate those for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have confiscated the non matching foundation I used to put on my face!! LOL...When I look back at pictures...oh the horror!!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig