Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, April 7, 2011

Review: Bath & Body Works Country Chic lotion and Fresh Picked Apples PocketBac

This review would not have been possible without the kindness of the lovely Yuliya, who took it upon herself to send me a wonderful care-package recently.

You see, Yuliya and I go way back: she generously sent me the Benefit To Go Stay Put Kit when I couldn't get it in my area, and as a thank-you, I sent her a little care-package. Well, now she's in big trouble with me, because she sent me a thank-you for MY thank-you, and I'm quite upset about that. I'm not really upset, but she's just way too sweet and good to me, I tell ya!

Look at all the pretty things she sent:


First of all, she gave me her free BBW tote that was available a few weeks back. I love this bag, and I didn't get one myself when they were available, so now I feel like I didn't miss out on anything.

I'm convinced that Yuliya has some sort of crazy "beauty sixth sense" because I don't think I have EVER mentioned to her my love of the brand Pacifica, and specifically their blood orange scent. But wouldn't you know it, she included a tube of Pacifica Tuscan Blood Orange Body Butter in the package, and it smells and feels absolutely divine. She also sent me the BBW products that I'm going to review in a second, as well as two Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear polishes.

This is where her beauty-sixth-sense kicks in again, because how did she know I have always wanted Stobe Light? I don't think I've ever told anyone that! And she also got me their newest taupe, Grey Area, which I've ALSO been wanting.  Are you a mind-reader, Yuliya?

Now, on to my reviews:

 Bath and Body Works Country Chic Body Lotion
(retail: $10.50, 8 oz)

When I first read BBW's description of Country Chic, I knew I was in trouble:

Country Chic - sparkling lemon, wildflowers, and spring woods. It is a Spring/ Summer version of Twilight Woods. 

 I ADORE Twilight Woods (click here for my past review) so the prospect of something lighter, but still in the Twilight Woods family, had me completely giddy.

I'm delighted to say that I absolutely adore this fragrance. When I apply this lotion, I get that nice burst of sparkling lemon in the top note, but as the lotion melts into my skin, the soft wildflowers and woodsy notes really kick in and ultimately there's a sweet, powdery note to this fragrance that really appeals to me. When I was younger, powdery notes in fragrances really turned me off, but now that I'm older, I find myself constantly drawn to them because they're just so soft and cozy. This fragrance is the scent equivalent to putting on your most comfortable PJs on a cool spring evening. 

FINAL VERDICT: If you love light floral scents that have a bit of citrus and a bit of powder to them, I think you'll LOVE Country Chic.


Next up:


Bath and Body Works Fresh Picked PocketBac in Apples
(retail: $1.50, 1 oz)

Yuliya has been raving about the Apples scent in the Fresh Picked Collection for weeks now, and I've been meaning to get my bootie into BBW to check it out. Well, she beat me to it by sending me this bottle, and I have to say, I now understand why she's been raving about it. This is a tart, very crisp, green apple scent that TRULY smells like green apples--not the Jolly Rancher variety, but like a real green apple. I know I get weird looks when I use this because I'm constantly sniffing my hands after I apply it. 

The texture of this PocketBac is great as well--it's not sticky like other BBW PocketBacs sometimes have a tendency to be. I can rub it into my hands and barely detect it in a few minutes (aside from that lovely, mouth-watering scent). 

FINAL VERDICT: If you love the scent of real green apples (not green apple candy) you are going to love Fresh Picked Apples. Trust me--you'll have people staring at you as you sniff your hands uncontrollably!

Another humongous thanks to the lovely Yuliya for the amazing care-package. Girlie, your are far too kind to me!

Do you already own any of the items that Yuliya sent to me? If so, what do you think of them? I'd love to hear from you!
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. I know this post is primarily about BBW products, but I just wanted to say heck yes Pacifica!

    I loooove their solid perfumes, especially the Tahitian Gardenia scent. I got mine at Wegman's for $9 I think. That's a little price for .33 oz. but it's definitely high quality.

    Do you think you'll be reviewing some more Pacifica products, or is that not a Nouveau Cheap type brand?

    Love your blog, G.!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girlie, you had me grinning on the train like a weirdo as I read this! I'm so glad u like everything! It was absolutely my pleasure!! :)

    By the way, those Pacifica lotions are $5 at sephora! Such a nice deal :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo, I LOVE Twilight Woods. I resisted it for so long because reading the notes it didn't sound like "my thing", but I'm loving it. a Spring/Summer version sounds awesome too.

    P.S. Hey! Why was she allowed to send you a package?! C'mon G... you know you want it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, Country Chic sounds lovely! I don't use a lot of lotion but I might pop in to check it out. :) I love powdery scents, one of my longtime favorites is Crabtree & Evelyn's Veranda.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hadn't read the scent portfolio behind Country Chic, but I knew there was some lemon verbena going on in there. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Catie: Thank you, sweetie! I'd be happy to review some of the Pacifica products I own. Thanks so much for the feedback. :)

    Yuliya: Awwww, I'm so glad I could make you even a tiny bit as happy as you've made me. xo

    Jessi: If you love Twilight Woods, I think you're really going to like Country Chic. And I sent you an email last night. :)

    Alaina: That's a lovely scent too! I'd love to know what you think after you give Country Chic a sniff. :)

    Love, B: Yep, and the lemon note is so sparkling and crisp. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig