Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Violet Eyes

What kind of beauty blog would this be if I didn't pay tribute to the passing of one of America's true beauty legends?

Elizabeth Taylor was probably the first woman to truly make me stop and realize the power of eye shadow. When I first saw her in Cleopatra as a little girl, I was mesmerized.


And who can overlook those violet eyes?


In recent times, Elizabeth Taylor was probably better known for her eight marriages (she claimed Richard Burton was the one true love of her life, evidenced by the fact that she married him twice). But I think today would be a nice time to remember her work as an actress and the exquisite beauty and grace she presented to us on screen.


My favorite film of Elizabeth Taylor's has to be A Place in the Sun, where she played opposite Mongtomery Clift.


But who can forget her in that iconic white slip in Cat on a Hot Tin Roof?

Quite possibly the most beautiful eyebrows in the history of the world.

It goes without saying that Elizabeth Taylor had an immeasurable influence on the world of beauty. This morning Dita Von Teese tweeted the following message:

@DitaVonTeese: My biggest "I can't believe this is happening" moment: http://twitpic.com/4ch28t Rest in peace, Divine Liz.

Elizabeth Taylor was a beauty and style icon whose influence on women will live on forever. I'm very sad that those violet eyes have closed for the last time.
SHARE:

11 comments

  1. Great Tribute to a truly incredible woman.

    I was also greatly inspired by Elizabeth Taylor.

    It is a sad sad day that we have lost her, but, I feel the world is really better for her having been with us. Her caring and compassion in her fund raising also inspires me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barefoot Domestic Goddess: Thanks so much for that. And I 100% agree with you--Elizabeth Taylor used her star power for good in so many ways. I wish all celebrities would follow in her footsteps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, this post was lovely. Liz Taylor was and will continue to always be a great international legend. <3 May she R.I.P.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful post for an everlasting icon.

    Well done G.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A legendary goddess of glamour and screen charisma. Always beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I welled up a few times today. I love her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Elizabeth Taylor is my favorite actress of all time, no question. I still remember the first time I heard of Cat On A Hot Tin Roof, I could hardly believe my eyes as it was my idea of my dream film. Plot, cast, and all the nuances and subtext are what makes a film amazing for me, but she blew all of that out of the water with her performance. The way she played out her emotions were second to none. She was quite simply amazing for her talent and generosity, not to mention amazing for her beauty.

    Losing someone like Elizabeth is a certain kind of loss, one we don't get very often. The only two other people I can think of whose deaths have meant this much to me were Heath Ledger and Paul Newman.

    I love you, Elizabeth, and I'm sure I speak for many others as well. You'll continue to inspire me for the rest of my life.

    ReplyDelete
  8. She really was one of the last true Hollywood stars; classy, philanthropic, talented and gorgeous. They really don't make them like that anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My Grandma just told me that apparently Liz was born with 2 sets of eyelashes on each eye! I don't know where she heard that, but it would account for part of why her eyes are so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. G, A Place in the Sun is my favorite Elizabeth Taylor movie as well! After I read An American Tragedy and found out there was a movie, I just had to see it! RIP Elizabeth.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig