Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Wednesday, January 19, 2011

A Wet n Wild dupe of Urban Decay Rockstar!

I have got to give a HUGE shout-out to my wonderful reader Jessi for this dupe discovery! You know how much I'm loving the new Wet n Wild Coloricon Eye & Brow Liner in Amethyst, right? Well now there's another reason to love it. Check this out:

image credit: Jessi for Nouveau Cheap
Top: Wet n Wild Coloricon Eye & Brow Liner in Amethyst
(retail: $0.99)
Bottom: Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on Eye Pencil in Rockstar
(retail: $17)

image credit: Jessi for Nouveau Cheap

image credit: Jessi for Nouveau Cheap

According to Jessi, the UD liner is a touch darker in color, and the pigmenetation and creaminess are a little bit more intense as well. But she said that the WnW liner is still smooth (you know I think these liners are smooth too!) and the colors would definitely pass "the boyfriend test", meaning your boyfriend wouldn't be able to tell them apart if you wore one on each eye.

What do you think? I'd say this qualifies as a very legitimate dupe!

Thanks SO much, Jessi, for the awesome photos and info. This is so helpful, and I know I'm not the only one who appreciates it! You just gave me one more reason to adore Amethyst!
SHARE:

14 comments

  1. Is the WnW waterproof? UD Rockstar is my favorite so it it's waterproof, I am stocking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Qualification as a dupe....accepted! I love these comparisons. I makes me happy to know that this makes my wallet happy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome dupe.
    I had to laugh at the 'boyfriend' test though- my husband used to work for a paint company, so he's better at describing colour than most men, but he still has no idea what I'm wearing on my face, other than the occasional comment about my lip colour. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay G! Thank you for posting this! I was really excited to discover this and I'm glad we were able to share it with everyone.

    Nancy- The WnW isn't as waterproof as Urban Decay but they both last the same amount of time on my upper lash line (all day at least). Granted I'm not going swimming or anything with them on. It just means the WnW is easier to take off at the end of the day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good eye Jessi, love stuff like this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Because of your review of these pencils, I went out last week and got this color. I LOVE it!! Thanks for the dup info as well as the original review. I would not have bought it without your pictures showing what it looked like.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great dupe! Especially since WnW is more affordable than Urban Decay. WnW has been stepping up with amazing products lately :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice! I bought the WnW about a month ago now and I LOVE it- such a great unique purple color for the drugstore! My new go-to purple liner :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gotta love them dupes!!! Can't wait to actually find a Walgreens that has the new stuff. Still haven't found one yet... Boo..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh man!!!! I am still looking for these!!! Every display I find they are picked over!!! UGH! I really want this one as well as turquoise!I will keep looking!
    Love a good dupe!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the dupe info. I actually found these WNW pencils at my local Wags. Unfortunately, I have oily lids. The WNW pencils do not stay put on both my upper and lower lids. They migrate everywhere as the day progresses. Even though I love dupes, I still prefer UD 24/7 because they jusst don't budge on me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ladies, I am SO glad you all seem as excited about Jessi's dupe discovery as I am! :)

    And Jessi, thanks so much for answering Nancy's question! I agree--they seem to last all day on my upper lash line too, and I LOVE that I don't need makeup remover to remove them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooooooh!!!! Yay! This is so exciting! I am definitely making a Walgreens run this weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig