Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Monday, December 27, 2010

If you're planning on shopping the BBW sale today...read this first!

There are a few tidbits I forgot to mention in my last post about the BBW semi-annual sale that starts today that I want to share with you:

1) There are some codes for in-store and online purchases that you should be aware of (thank you, JoElla for the reminder!):

If you subscribe to BBW emails, you probably got the in-store coupon for $10 off a $40 purchase. I'd give you the code for that but it won't do much good because you need to print out the coupon from the email and bring it into the store.

The ONLINE code for $10 off $40 purchase is: TENOFF40

2) If you're new the semi-annual sale, I want to be sure you know that the deals IN-STORE are historically much better than online. There's a much bigger selection in-store (often times you'll find great deals that aren't on the website at all), so if you can get into a BBW store this week, DO IT!

3) I mentioned before that for each week of the sale, BBW offers special deals for that week. This week's deals (online and in-store) are:


4) There is a lesser-known dupe that I swear I discovered on my own (I'm not claiming I'm the first to have discovered this dupe but I had not seen anyone else mention it when I first made the connection) and I really want to remind you of it! I mentioned it a long time on this post but it's worth repeating because it's a WONDERFUL low-cost alternative to the real thing:

Kenzo Amour Eau de Parfum 
(retail: $72 for 1.7 oz at Sephora)
Bath & Body Works Rice Flower and Shea Body Splash
(retail: $10.50 for 8 oz, currently on sale 3/$10)


Rice Flower and Shea is a lesser-known BBW scent that's been around for years, but surprisingly there are still many people who aren't even aware of its existence! A few years ago when I was scared that it was going to be discontinued, I asked around and found that it's sold in VERY limited quantities and it's not available in all BBW retail locations. So that's why you may have never heard of it.

But I am here to tell you that, in my opinion, it is so close to the divine Kenzo Amour that it almost makes me giddy! It's not exact, but put it this way: if you can't afford Kenzo Amour, I think you might be VERY happy with Rice Flower and Shea.  This is such a soft, feminine, creamy fragrance that's subtle and smooth and never over-the-top. One sniff and you might become addicted. It's got this soft, sweet, rice-pudding creaminess to it that you really have to experience in person to understand.

So anyway, if you own Kenzo Amour and you want some super-affordable lotions and shower gels to layer with it, Rice Flower and Shea would be excellent for that purpose. Or if you've always wanted Kenzo Amour but can't afford it, this is a very nice low-cost option. Click here to see Rice Flower and Shea for yourself.

Hope this helps!
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. Have you heard anything about the bbw membership card promotion thing they were allowing people to sign up for about a month or two ago? I signed up but havent received any other info on it since then. I have been trying to get in contact with customer service but haven't heard from them either ;/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my sad Kenzo Amour story:

    I got a sample of it from Sephora and was rocking it fresh from the shower and my usually sweet and kind husband exclaims: "what is that smell! it's so strong, is that you?? It smells like some funky cologne an old man would wear at a dive bar!"
    *heart crushing*

    So I threw the sample away. I want to try the BBW dupe, but I think I'm scarred for life. :-/

    ReplyDelete
  3. theVEROblog: You know, I signed up for it too, but I haven't seen my card yet in the mail! I did get an email after I signed up confirming that I was registered, so I'll have to look into that and see what's up. Thanks for the info, and I'm sorry you haven't heard anything yet.

    FraulinFoodie: OMG, don't you hate that? It's so funny how certain fragrances just do NOT agree with a person's body chemistry. I can think of a few very popular fragrances that smell like sour milk (or worse) on me, so I know exactly what you mean. I'm just so bummed this one didn't work with your chemistry! Boo! It smells nothing like "old man at a dive bar" on me (although that's a GREAT analogy and I can just picture it in my head! lol!). :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never tried the Kenzo Amour, but I did get the Rice Flower and Shea spray last year at your recommendation and I love it! It's a good year-round scent.

    The BBW membership card thingy said that we'd get our cards around January 3rd when I signed up, I believe. So give it another week and hopefully we'll get them. :D ...I think I signed up my male roommate too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. after seeing your post, i ran out to bbw today. there were many, MANY sales. what i found interesting was that the 3 for 10 deal is their old bottles! i also have a lot of 10 off 30 coupons. (you get them on your receipts) overall though, the sales were blah!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gang my card came in the mail right before Christmas, so hold on, it's comming!! And G thanks for the shout out! *smooch*

    Not sure what I want to get from the sale.. I have several coupons from the small Christmas candles for the larger candles (making them 10.00 each)

    I keep hearing good/bad things from the wallflowers.. I might try a few of those.

    But I am such a sucker for the body spritzs. I can never have enough of them.

    Also if you are a fan of the Lemon Vanilla, it is on the 'fond farewell' list. So if you love this scent, stock up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have the Rice Flower and Shea lotion.. hmmm. I need to test these and see how they compare. :) I don't own the Kenzo, but I remember it being similar. All of the Kenzo perfumes are vague and I can never really pick out the notes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm an associate at BBW and if you guys are talking about the I Luv BBW Club where you get a free item each month on a certain Thursday with membership for like 6 months, that does officially launch in January 2011 so hold tight. Also if you don't mind getting deals via text message if you go to the lip gloss table and check the mirror most stores have the number to text and you get exclusive deals that way.

    And, just some helpful reminders that will make your BBW associate much happier as he/she rings you up during SAS: official company policy states ONE coupon per transaction. Once in a while an associate will ring up two on one transaction, but don't count on it (the exception to this is black friday when anything goes). This includes those $10 off $30 purchase offers you get on the bottom of a receipt for calling the survey; however these don't have an expiration date.

    If you have a smart phone and receive offers via e-mail, if you can show us the e-mail and the necessary code, more often than not we'll honor that. Unfortunately though when you forget your coupons at home and tell us what it is, we can't accept that. BBW circulates so many coupons at one time through snail mail, e-mail, text, etc., that we can't be sure what coupon you're talking about.

    Also, allow me to vent for a second if you don't mind: BBW is a major corporation that launches brand new products almost monthly. In order to accommodate the scads of new products, we have to discontinue some of your old favorites. It's true that we do bring back rare hard to find products for SAS, but when an associate tells you that we're all out of something, we mean it. There's this misconception in retail that we secretly hoard all of your favorite products in the back and we'll only sell them to you if you ask us repeatedly to physically check for them in the back room. Wrong. We want to sell you those products just as much as you want to buy them, otherwise how would we make money? If an associate doesn't offer to physically check the back room for your favorite discontinued Classics fragrance, it's probably because we've been asked multiple times that day for the product and so we know for a fact that it's not there. So please don't be offended if she doesn't check for you. During high traffic and high volume times like Semi annual we work really hard to replenish our stock to make sure you can find your favorite fragrance, and so I promise that when an associate tells you that we don't have any more Cool Citrus Basil body lotion in the back, she means it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I went to Bath & Body Works yesterday and picked up a Simply Signature Passionfruit body lotion plus a Wild Honeysuckle Triple Moisture Body Cream. I love their Wild Honeysuckle scent!
    I also had no idea B&BW had a Rice Flower and Shea body splash! I'm not a huge fan of their body sprays though, they last about a couple minutes on me before the scent completely vanishes. :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just got my membership card in the mail! =]

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig