Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Saturday, August 14, 2010

Comparison: Wet n Wild Prowler, Night Prowl and Petites Black Amethyst

A little while back, I purchased a few bottles of polish from the Wet n Wild Limited Edition Insomnia collection (click here for pics of the display). The first one I showed you was Mystic Blue, and now I'm going to show you Prowler.

But since I already own a few of these purple-microglitter-in-a-sheer-black-base types of colors, I thought I'd do a comparison.


Hum...they all look very similar, don't they? Heck, even the two Wet n Wild polishes both have the word "prowl" in the name! So let's see how they look on the nails:

All pics were taken with two coats and no base or top coat.

So what do you think? To be honest, I've never really liked Petites Black Amethyst. From the very first time I used it, it was streaky and sheer and never what I wanted it to be. But then along came WnW Night Prowl and my dreams came true! It's far more opaque and so easy to apply.

So how does the LE Wet n Wild Prowler compare to the core collection Wet n Wild Night Prowl? I'd say they're nearly identical. But I think Night Prowl dries to a slightly shinier finish, whereas Prowler dries to a more matte finish.

In my opinion, you definitely do not need all three of these shades. One will do the trick, and if I had to pick just one, I'd definitely go with Night Prowl.

Do you own any of these colors? What do you think of them?
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. Those wnw polishes are gorgey! You inspired me to do my nails today! Thanks! Except, I got polish all over my cuticles, which you never seem to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree with you! i don't care for the petites. i have some icing polishes i could compare these too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Night Prowl looks the best, to my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of the three, I have Night Prowl and it really is amazing in person. It looks similar to if you layered SH VIP Pink over black polish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this shade of purple!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did a review on Prowler as well and I thought that it dried to matte finish as well, but I wasn't sure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We just got the We N Wild LE sets in Chicago recently. All of the polish colors sort of looked the same to me. I'll have to go back and look again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is Night Prowl permanent or part of a collection?

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig