Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Lip Smackers Vitamin Schtick: have you tried it?

Back in November of '09, I posted the following pic that I took when I first saw the new Vitamin Water-themed Vitamin Schtick SPF20 lip balms by Lip Smackers at my local Rite Aid:


(This pic was actually part of a larger post I did about candy and drink-flavored lip balms, which you can read here.)

So anyway, after I saw this three-pack of balms, I sort of forgot about them because I literally haven't seen them anywhere since. But then yesterday, I saw this article on drugstorenews.com:

Lip Smackers launches Vitaminschtick

NEW YORK (Jul. 12) Lip Smackers has announced the introduction of its newest flavor line of lip balms -- Vitaminschtick -- featuring the Vitaminwater flavors.

Packed with vitamin E and SPF, the new flavored lip balm line by Lip Smackers is designed to restore, refresh and protect lips against environmental damage. Vitaminschtick flavored lip balms, roll-on glosses and biggies are available in the following Vitaminwater flavors:
  • Power-c: dragonfruit;
  • XXX: acai-blueberry-pomegranate;
  • Focus: kiwi strawberry;
  • Multi-V: lemonade;
  • Formula 50: grape;
  • Essential: orange-orange;
  • Revive: fruit punch; and
  • Energy: tropical citrus
Now I'm wondering if the 3-pack I spotted at Rite Aid almost a year ago was a fluke. Or maybe it was released early in my area as some sort of market test? I did some digging online and discovered that Vitamin Schtick isn't yet on the Bonne Bell/Lip Smackers website, and it's not available in their e-store either. Hopefully this means that a new launch is on its way!

In the meantime, there seem to be lots of fans of Vitamin Schtick, as there is already a Facebook page (created by a fan, I believe) and lots of mentions on various blogs. I've spotted one place online where you can currently buy Vitamin Schtick balms, and that is on the Walgreens website (three flavors are currently available).

I don't know about you, but I'm ready to give these a try and even though I've already seen the regular balms in person, I'm kind of excited to see the roll-on glosses and biggies as well!

Have you seen Vitamin Schtick in your area yet? Do you own any of these balms? I'd love to hear from you!
SHARE:

9 comments

  1. Hm...I probably won't get any of these because I'm absolutely devoted to Burt's Bees peppermint lip balm, but they sound nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh i tried vitamin water once and it was just foul! I'd rather not have my lips taste like it :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Companies have been known to accidentally send out products to stores early. The stores usually just put it on the shelves to get rid of it! :P Also could have been a market test like you mentioned. Either way, they sound interesting and I do like some of the vitamin water flavors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been a lip balm junkie in recent years. So far, the brands that I have tried includes Nivea, Smith's Rosebud Salve, Chapstick, Bonne Belle, natural organic lipbalms (sold individually, not in stores), Natural Ice, Blistex, homemade lipbalms, EOS, Burt's Bee (honey) and probably a few that I've forgotten as well.

    My favorite one still, though, would have to be Chapstick natural lipbalms. Rosebud Salve comes a close second (though the moisturizing properties are still lacking imo). Nivea sucks, the one Burt's Bee that I've used also sucked. I'm still looking for that HG chapstick.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like you, I started seeing these in Meijer probably nearly a year ago! I can't recall if I've seen them anywhere else as I purchased one there (XXX) so I haven't really paid attention. It's ok...nothing special and still nothing that'll make me replace my holy grail lip balms (Carmex, Fresh, and Blistex Lip Massage). But it's certainly not bad.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was looking for a lipbalm with spf and when I came across these at my supermarket I thought "what the heck, we'll give it a go." I bought the orange and it smelled great. But it tastes awful! It tastes like I just smeared sunscreen on my mouth.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've seen the originals at various stores where I live (NE TN), but never tried them... I thought they were manufactured by a different company?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've had the XXX one for a while now, a couple months at least. I'm not a die hard chapstick/lipbalm fan, and I don't really have dry lips, but I would still say it's pretty good. It isn't sticky, or anything like that, and it stays on pretty well. And it tastes exactly like XXX vitamin water!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really dislike Vitamin Schtick. I'm a big VitaminWater fan, so I wanted to love this, but I thought it was just a generic lip balm that felt a little too tacky for my taste. I do think it does taste a bit like XXX though. It also feels slightly tingly on my lips too. It does seem to stick around on my lips for a bit too, but I haven't really used it as my only balm in a day to say if it's moisturizing or not.

    I actually bought mine on sale at Walgreens forever ago. I think I got RR and it only cost 99 cents. My local Target has a display of the biggies & the smaller sticks. I don't think they have the roll-on glosses yet, but that display has been there for a few months.

    I'm addicted to the Lush lip balms right now. I love Let Them Eat Cake & I picked up a Honey Trap and it's fantastic. I'm trying to use up all of my lip balm, so I have an excuse to buy some Hurraw.

    http://hurrawbalm.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig