Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Saturday, April 24, 2010

YOU be the reviewer today!

There are so many new and interesting products that have been released over the past few weeks and months that I can hardly keep track of them all--let alone review them all. So that's why I thought I'd consult the very best resource I know: YOU.  The purpose of this post is to give you a way to share your feedback about some products that I have either not yet tried, or might not ever get around to trying. I've got quite a few products in my to-test pile at the moment, so I realize that there are a TON of drugstore products out there right now that I would like to know about before they're considered "old news".  

So I'm going to give you a list of products that I'm personally curious about. If you have used any of these products, PLEASE leave a comment on this post and let us know your thoughts! I thank you in advance for chiming in here--I really, really appreciate it (and I know that others will appreciate it too!).

1)  The Original Formula Sea Breeze (available exclusively at Walmart).  Now that the original is back after a looong hiatus, I would LOVE to hear from anyone who loved it "back in the day" and has purchased it recently at Walmart. Is it exactly as you remember? Did it work for you this time around? Tell me, tell me!

2) Revlon Grow Luscious Mascara.  Is it a lash accelerator? A mascara? Both? If you've used it, have you noticed any long-term effects? What do you think of it as a mascara? 

 
3) L'Oreal Magic Perfecting Base and/or L'Oreal Color Correcting Primer.  If you've tried either of these products, PLEASE let us know what you think of them in the comments! Also, be sure to indicate whether you have oily, normal or dry skin.
 
 4) Any of the Aveeno Positively Nourishing Body Washes or Lotions. There is currently a $3 coupon on the Aveeno website, and I've been eyeing the Pomegranate & Rice Body Wash and also the Blueberry & Goji Berry Body Lotion but I'd love to hear from someone who has actually used one (or both) of these products before I buy them because they're a bit expensive (even with a coupon). If you've tried anything from this collection, please leave a comment on this post!
 
 
5) L'Oreal EverStrong Haircare.  I tried some EverPure products when they first came out a few years ago, and they were alright for my hair, but not holy-grail-worthy. With all of these ads for EverStrong, I'm starting to get more and curious about the line and how it might compare to EverPure.  Have you tried any EverStrong products? What do you think?
 
 
That's all I can think of right now in terms of new drugstore products that I'm very curious about.  But even if you haven't tried anything on this list, feel free to leave a comment if you've discovered a new and fabulous product you think we need to know about--or even one you think we should skip.  I can't wait to hear from you!
SHARE:

12 comments

  1. EverStrong is decent. I have the moisturizing shampoo and conditioner, and they seem exactly like the EverPure ones I have. XD Same scent and everything. I really like it, and it works nicely for my hair, so I'm happy. But I don't know that I'd go out of my way to get it if EverPure were around too.

    I also got the EverStrong overnight treatment and it's okay too. Smell is nice and it does get absorbed by your hair quickly. It makes my hair shiny and soft and gets rid of frizz, but I haven't noticed any long-term effects. I have to admit though, I forget to use it most nights. >.<

    Anyway, quite decent products, but nothing spectacular for me.

    Also, I think this post is a great idea! I love seeing people's opinions of products before I go out and buy them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a newish follower. I follow from my droid so I have all your advice super handy. :) my latest omg product is rimmel glam eyes lash flirt mascara. Gives each lash definition, length and a smidge of curl. No flakes, no spider eyes, no stiff feeling. My eyelashes feel soft and look great! Its my hg cheap mascara.

    Keep up the awesome articles!
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am just now trying out the Revlon Grow Luscious mascara. I've only used it a couple days so I can't speak to the condition of my lashes yet, but as a mascara its pretty decent, a B+ from me. It makes your lashes look thick, it is very buildable though you may want to invite your lash comb to that party, and it leaves your lashes feeling soft, not crunchy. Miles away from Double Twist!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've tried the perfecting base, and it mattifies your face pretty well! Really well, in fact. The only thing is it sorta faded throughout the day and you could see the shininess coming through at the end of the day. It did make the rest of my makeup last longer than it usually would have however, and you really CAN use it on top of your make up and it won't smear it or anything. I have normal to oily skin. :) I've tried the green primer, and it only reduces redness a little bit for me. It's got fine sparkles in it, but I didn't notice too much of a difference in redness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Original Sea Breeze: Because this is full of irritating ingredients, I cannot recommend this. Scientific research shows that when the skin is irritated, receptors in the pore produce oil, encouraging acne. Irritation also causes free radical damage. This is published scientific research, any indication of this working is the placebo effect.

    Revlon Grow Luscious: I own this mascara and it is nice. I think it will condition lashes, but not grow them. It has two common ingredients with Ardell Brow and Lash Growth Accelerator, Panthenol, an alcohol form of vitamin B, and hydrolyzed wheat protein. Good for lash hair, yes, will it cause new growth, probably not; although I think it is nice to nourish our lashes after all the mascara testing we put them through!

    L'oreal Studio Secrets Magic perfecting Base: I hear everyone rave that this makes their skin look better and allows them to use less foundation. I've been trying to find it but it is sold out everywhere. I hope I can find it before the L'oreal sale ends!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loreal Magic Perfecting Base: I've been using this for about a month now, and I really like it! It's a very mousse-like texture, and it doesn't take much to cover your entire face. I have combination skin that is oily on the chin and nose but dry on the cheeks and around my eyes. I don't think this necessary helps with the dryness, but it definitely helps fight off the oiliness for a few hours. Overall, I would say to give it a try. It is very different from most primers as it is in a pot form, but overall, I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I recently reviewed the L'Oreal Magic Perfecting Base and I really like it! My only major gripe was that it's in a pot and I wish it was in a tube. It's kind of thick to scoop in to and it's not really sanitary...but it really smooths out my skin and makes my foundation stay put ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have very very oily skin and tried both of the new L'oreal primers. I can only say that they're just okay because they didn't really cover my pores (I have large pores around my nose) and they didn't really mattify my face throughout the day. In fact, All they did was make my makeup last longer for about a few hours. The color correcting primers didn't do much either (I bought the skin brightening one for medium skin) and it had little glitters in it. I seem to be in the minority with these primers, but I'm still on the lookout for good ones!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have to agree with PoorCollegeStudent about the Original Sea Breeze. I used this back in the day and all I can really remember is that it made my skin extremely dry and the smell was so strong my eyes would start to water. Granted, at the time I was about 13 and didn't know any better, but looking back on it now, I wouldn't recommend this to anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aveeno Positively Nourishing Pomegranate and Rice Exfoliating Body Wash:

    This stuff comes in a huge bottle, like 25.4 oz I think?! It has a great smell if you're into slightly fruity smells. I have incredibly dry and sensitive skin on my legs, and it doesn't bother them. As for the exfoliating, it uses rice and walnut flour, so no go if you're allergic to nuts. The exfoliating action is quite gentle and the lather from this product is not fabulous. On the plus side, it is preferable to most exfoliating body washes because it doesn't use plastic beads, which can harm marine life, like sea turtles. <3 It's a bit expensive, but you get a huge bottle. I would give it a 4/5.

    ReplyDelete
  11. L'oreal Studio Secrets Magic perfecting Base- I got a sample and tried it out. Honestly, I didnt see much difference with my makeup. It did make my skin feel smoother, I mean the texture was crazy! But it didnt help with my oily skin! Grrr. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. L'Oreal Perfecting Base- i got a sample from a magazine, and it was really an interesting experience, as I have never used a primer on my face, just my eyelids. (I have combination skin that's very oily in the t-zone and quite normal-to-dry elsewhere.)

    It really helped my makeup stay put especially on my nose, though i still had to blot by the end of the day. i think for summertime it might be helpful to me.

    i might take advantage of the 40% off sale at Rite Aid, plus i have $3 off in L'oreal coupons, so i can snag the fullsize for about $5.

    btw i smelled the Lime Blossom Nivea bodywash on Saturday- it really does smell citrusy! i am intrigued and may give it a whirl when i finish up my Dove.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig