Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, April 15, 2010

New CVS brand products and crazy deals at...Vons?!

Let me start by telling you that I was at CVS yesterday and, of course, I played the CVS "slot machine" (my term for the CVS card scanner that shoots out coupons for you whenever you scan your card) and guess what? I got the $5 off 2 Revlon products coupon on my very first try! So if you haven't been to CVS yet this week, GO and scan your card because you can combine it with the $3 coupons I told you about yesterday! And of course you can save it for next week and follow the awesome tip from Drugstore Divas, which makes the savings even sweeter!

OK, so when I was at CVS, I noticed some new interesting CVS brand products that I wanted to show you:


Did you know that CVS now has generic versions of Aveeno haircare? I didn't either! As a lot of you already know, Aveeno Nourish +Moisturize is one of my very favorite shampoos (it even made my 2009 Cheapie Awards) so I cannot wait to try the CVS version because, well, I will be able to tell you exactly how it compares to the original. I know the original like the back of my hand! If it's a good dupe, this will be great because the CVS version is only $5.99 and the CVS slot machine always prints out $1 off coupons for CVS haircare products, which will bring it down to $4.99 (a lot better than $7.49 for the original). But again, we'll see how it compares (fingers crossed!).


I also spotted these CVS brand versions of Dove deodorants and body mists! For now it's just the Lemongrass & Grapefruit and Cucumber & Green Tea scents, but hopefully they'll eventually release a generic version of the Pomegrante & Lemon Verbena too (you know how much I love that one!). And I think (not sure) but I think that you'll be able to use the $1 off CVS skincare product coupons that the slot machine always tends to print out if you decide to purchase these. I mean, these products qualify as skincare, right? OK, maybe I'm pushing it, but it never hurts to try. What's the worst that can happen? They tell you, "Sorry, you can't use these" and you move on, right?

Next I'd like to show you some crazy things I spotted at my local Vons. If you don't have a Vons grocery store in your city, but you have a Safeway, you might want to check and see if your Safeway has these deals too, since Safeway is the parent company of Vons (for those of you not in CA or NV, Vons is a very popular grocery store chain in California, with also a few locations in Nevada). I can't promise you that you'll find these exact deals at Safeway, but it never hurts to check!

And if you don't have a Vons or Safeway in your area, feel free to read on anyway, because I spotted some new products that I have yet to spot anywhere else, so you can always keep an eye out for these in your area.


I noticed that Vons is currently introducing a TON of new beauty products into their inventory, and when they launch a new product they offer it at a discounted "Introductory Price". I don't know how long the "Introductory Price" lasts, so I'd hurry if you want to take advantage of these low prices because they're definitely temporary. Also, there are tons of $1 off L'Oreal skincare coupons floating around in the Red Plum mailer, etc., so you can snag The Scrublet for just $4.99 if you play your cards right!


In my version of the Red Plum mailer this week (I know Red Plum changes from region to region so it may be different in yours) I got a $3.75 off one bottle of Vaseline Sheer Infusion Lotion coupon. Since Vons has this on sale this week for $4.99, I can snag a bottle for just $1.24! Hopefully you got this coupon too, and you live near a Vons, because this is a GREAT deal (click here for my review of Sheer Infusion if you missed it).

Also, did you notice those products to the right of the Vaseline lotions? I didn't even know EOS made body lotions!! Here's a closer look:


These are paraben-free, 97% natural body lotions that come in three versions: Replenish, Moisturize (which is cucumber-scented) and Repair. I love how they have the little signature indentation at the bottom (just like the lip balms, which you know I'm obsessed with!).


Vons also carries EOS Shave Cream (which Target also carries--yay!) in two scents: Pomegranate Rasberry (left) and Vanilla Bean (right).

And last but certainly not least, I spotted a new Tone Body Wash fragrance that I haven't seen anywhere else yet in my area:


White Clay & Pink Jasmine? I love it! And look at the pretty holographic pink design on this bottle. I had to take a quick sniff and...I have to tell you, this one is delightful! It's a soft, sweet floral that seems perfect for spring. Can't wait until this goes on sale because I love the formula of Tone's body washes.

That's it for this report but, as always, I'd love to know what you think, and if you've spotted these products in your area as well!
SHARE:

13 comments

  1. Thanks for keeping us informed of all the deals!! I am obsessed with CVS and those coupons.

    Just FYI, I live in NJ and in my area (NJ/PA), Safeway is known as Genuardi's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the deals, recessionisa! are the cvs brand body sprays larger than the dove sprays?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i got some FAB coupons in my red Plum mailer but i just spent all my money on birthday presents for the hubby (including a wii) so i don't think i can use them before they expire!

    but i'll check.

    ReplyDelete
  4. btw R, i LOVE CVS knockoffs. their Olay and Aveeno dupes are identical to the originals, in my experience.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...aaaand i have never heard of Vons. must be a West Coast thing?

    ReplyDelete
  6. i wish we had a CVS here. Cosco is coming but i will be back in malaysia alwady! sucks.

    thanks for sharing the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hardly ever go into Vons because I'm always going to Fresh & Easy. Next time I pass by I'll have to tell my boyfriend I need something ridiculous so we can go in!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't been to CVS in a few weeks, but looks like I will have to go back!


    I have that Tone body wash and I love it! It smells amazing and leaves my skin feeling super soft. You should definitely try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think Von's might be Southern California only? I remember we shopped there when I was a kid, but when we moved up to Central California there weren't any around.

    I wish there were, because those sound like great deals! I'm also really excited about the CVS brand stuff, since my roommate gets 30% off that stuff and he still gets the coupons too. I'll wait for your review of the shampoo and conditioner though, since I have waaaaaaay too much.

    I hope I find that Tone one soon... I've got the mango scented Tone and the Blueberry one and they're both super nice.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I used that 3.75 Vaseline Sheer Infusion coupon this week at Walgreens where the lotion was on sale for $5.49 and got it with tax for 1.88! Exciting stuff. I made a special trip over to my granny's house to cut coupons but she lives an hour away so I'll have to start buying the paper on Sundays myself!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Definitely have to check out my local Safeway. I used to go to Vons all the time when I used to live in LA but ever since I moved to the Bay Area, they only have Safeways. Vons & Safeway are pretty expensive stores in my opinion but the sales that you took pics of are itching me to go check it out! :P I have a 24 hr safeway near my place so I might go later on @ night. I used to do the double coupons @ Vons and Ralphes back then, but a lot of the stores discontinued that! :( Safeway just accepts them face value.

    ReplyDelete
  12. chickadee: You are so welcome! And yes, I saw that Safeway operates under a ton of different names throughout the country. Very interesting...

    Niki: They seem almost indentical in size to me. Hope that helps! :)

    beautifulmonday: Yay for CVS brand products! I've used a few so far and I've liked them all! And yes, Vons is in CA and NV only. :(

    jojoba: Awww, I'm sorry! Well, at least you can see what's available and maybe a friend can ship some goodies to you if you *really* want them, right? :)

    PCS: OMG, we are living parallel lives! I almost always shop at F&E and I haven't been into a Vons in several months, but I was in the area and needed something so I went in...and I'm glad I did! lol. I had no idea how well they stock their beauty dept.! Definitely worth a visit.

    Kieran: You totally sold me on this body wash! It must be mine! lol. :)

    Hana: Oooh, I'm glad you like the Blueberry Tone! That's my favorite! And yes, it's Vons in Southern CA and Safeway in Northern CA. Not sure about central. Do you have Safeway there?

    adorepink: I just posted about this tip today! Thanks, hun!! :)

    Rainy Days: I totally agree--Vons and Safeway are more expensive (to me) than Albertsons, but I'm glad I went into my Vons the other day because I had NO idea they had all these goodies in their beauty dept! So it's definitely worth a trip to Safeway to see if you can spot these deals too. :) Oh and btw, Vons still does double coupons, but only if your coupon is for $1 off or less. If it's above a dollar, you just get face value. :(

    ReplyDelete
  13. CVS also has a house version of Bio Oil. I bought a bottle and it is just as good as the original Bio Oil.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig