Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Time for me to share the love!

I recently received this adorable blog award from the amazing Mocha Mish Mash (thanks again, honey!), and I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to share with you some fantastic beauty blogs that, although are not in my blog roll, are still very much a part of my weekly reads.


But first, part of the requirement in receiving the Beautiful Blogger Award is to share seven facts about myself, so here you go:

1) My most current TV obsession is Mad Men. One of the most amazingly complex character-driven dramas ever to be on television. LOVE it.

2) I took tap dance lessons from the age of 3 until I was 17, and then I taught tap to 4-yr-olds for about year when I was 18. It was probably the most rewarding, and fun, job I ever had.

3) I can't drive stick. I owe this to the fact that when my boyfriend in high school tried to teach me, I stalled in a very busy intersection and never, ever got over the trauma of that incident.

4) I'm a white-knuckle flier. Seriously, I hyperventilate at the very thought of boarding an airplane.

5) Not surprising given my fear of flying, but I am not a roller coaster person either. Space Mountain at Disneyland is about the most "hardcore" I'll go, and even that ride freaks me out. I'm a wimp!

6) For the longest time, I thought the lyrics in the Devo song "Whip It" were:

Tattoo the detective, it's not too late...to whip it...whip it good.

When in reality, the lyrics are:

Try to detect it. It's not too late...to whip it...whip it good.

My friend in junior high sang the song (using the wrong lyrics) one day and I remember hearing her sing it and going, "Oh, yeah, that makes sense" (what?!). And I just kind of went with it for the next 20 or so years, until one day I thought about it and realized it made NO no sense at all. Ha!

7) I have a weird obsession with Guy Fieri. He's just such a lovable teddy bear of a dude, who has the most positive attitude and well, who doesn't love a man who can cook, right? I don't care if his hair looks silly or if he says "money" one too many times--I love the guy. And I really wish I would have eaten in one of his restaurants when I still lived in N. California.

And now I'd like to tag the seven bloggers who have blogs that have become a part of my weekly reading. I urge you to check them out, because they've all got their own great style about them, which is why I personally love 'em!

Papaya Bunny
My Naked Face
Funny Face's Place
Gaby's Beauty Blog
Polished Beauty Blog
Eyeconic
Evolving Beautifully

All of you lovely ladies above, consider yourself tagged! And please check back soon for more wonderful blogs that I'd like to share with you. There are so many fantastic beauty bloggers out there right now--I love spreading the word about them!
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. Thanks so much for putting me on your blog roll! I shrieked a bit when I saw it! I used to tap dance too! I miss it terribly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, thank you!

    And as for not saying I told you so on the Payless make up when it comes out, I can't because I'm very much planning on going to Claire's sometime soon to pick up some of that color changing nail polish, which I know already will probably go horribly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. R - You are a rock star full of awesome! I just wanted to tell you, and all your readers that your advice is top notch. I recently read your blog on nail care, and decided to give it a go. My nails are peely, short, weak and just all around sad. I splurged on the Orly Bonder, at your wonderful insistance, and so far, so GREAT! You mentioned a constant manicure as a great way to strengthen nails, and I AGREE! In less than two weeks, my nails are visibly stronger, better looking and a bit longer! I haven't had a break, rip or peel on any nail. The Orly Bonder really makes a difference!! I love nail color!
    I apologize for the lengthy comment, but I wanted you and your followers to know that your advice is SO worth following! (Not that I doubted you, I just don't normally do what I'm told. heehee)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww...I tap danced from 3-18 too!!! I also taught lessons from 15-18.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww thanks for the award! You are right, I have now two of it ^^

    I LOLed at #6! The same thing happened to me for the song "When I Grow Up" by the Pussycat Dolls: I thought they say "I wanna have boobies" but what they really say is "I wanna have groupies" LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. PCS: Awww, I'm so glad you're happy about that! And YAY for tap dancers! :D

    PB: LOL! OK, well then I think we'll both be saying "I told ya so" shortly. :D

    erin: OMG, thank you SO much for that! What a wonderful thing for me to see first thing in the AM! :D I am just thrilled that you've seen an improvement in your nails because of my own personal little trick--that is fantastic! And YAY for Orly Bonder! I am SO glad it's working for you! I really don't know what I did without that product (except for curse my nails for chipping so quickly!). lol! xo

    Hannah: Seriously?? That is AWESOME! Who knew we'd have such a unique thing in common?? Yay!!! :D

    Gaby: You are so welcome, honey! And LOL at your misquoted lyrics story!!! That is too funny! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you! I'm pretty excited about this award from you! You're pretty much one of my top 5 favorite beauty bloggers :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so welcome, sweetie! And thank YOU! :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much :D I'm trying to catch up on all my blogs right now... miss 2 days and it takes forever! But I'll post this when I get a chance. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whhaaat? You don't like roller coasters??! That's it- we're over! =D No, just kidding- I do love my amusement parks, but I'll overlook your dislike of them... for now at least... =D

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig