Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Sunday, February 7, 2010

My dreams come true (really): Brocato Hair Care now at BeautyTicket.com

Several years ago, when the sulfate-free trend in haircare hit the interwebs, the one brand I saw pop up like wildfire across the various hair care message boards was Brocato. Specifically, the Brocato product with the alluring name: Cloud 9. If I had a penny for every time I saw "Brocato Cloud 9 Miracle Repair Shampoo" mentioned in posts about great sulfate-free shampoos, I'd have a nice little nest egg by now.

Seriously, women just could not stop raving about this brand, until finally one day I cracked. I HAD to see what the fuss was about, so I scoured the internet looking for a retail location near me. Unfortunately I couldn't find one, so I ended up ordering a bottle of Brocato Cloud 9 from a hair care etailer and I remember I spent A LOT of money on that darn bottle (almost 50 bucks with shipping). I will never forget thinking, "Did I really just spend almost 50 dollars on a bottle of shampoo??" But sometimes the hype just...gets to you. Do you know what I mean, ladies? Of course you do.

Well I am pleased to say that Brocato Cloud 9 Miracle Repair Shampoo lived up to the hype. It's an amazingly gentle shampoo that cleansed my hair beautifully and left it soft, springy and full of life but never frizzy. And I would still have a bottle of Cloud 9 in my shower today if it weren't for that darn price. I'm sorry, but $35 + shipping is just insane for a bottle of shampoo. So sadly, my dream of having Cloud 9 as a staple in my bathroom disappeared into the clouds with my last remaining drop, never to return to my shower again.

Until a few weeks ago, when I freaked out--no, I mean FREAKED out---when I saw Brocato products listed in the "New Arrivals" section at BeautyTicket.com. I immediately emailed Jill (one of the owners of BeautyTicket) and all I remember is that my email had "OMG" and "!!!!" repeatedly strewn throughout it.

Needless to say, Jill graciously offered to send me a bottle of Brocato Curl Karma Shampoo for review (yay!) and I've been using it ever since.

(retail: $35, BeautyTicket price: $14.99)

If you are a gal who has fine hair that's curly or wavy, I think you will absolutely adore this shampoo because it's made exactly for women like us. My hair is very fine in texture and extremely wavy. That combo often results in frizzy, flyaway hair that looks, well, like crap. It takes just the right balance to make my waves look consistent and my hair to look full and bouncy, and I'm pleased to say that Brocato Curl Karma gives me that precise balance every time. I love it, and it's just as amazing as my beloved Cloud 9, which is ALSO now available at BeautyTicket. Yes, they have Cloud 9 too!!

(retail: $35, BeautyTicket price: $14.99)

Your hair doesn't have to be anything like mine to enjoy the benefits of Cloud 9. If you're looking for a gentle, sulfate-free shampoo that will actually clean your hair (without stripping it), look no further than Cloud 9. It's got a decadent, luxurious lather that you won't believe is coming from a product free of sulfates. Plus, I can distinctly remember that my hair just felt so soft and rejuvenated when I used it. Dare I say it felt... repaired? Yes, it really did. Heck, it's the kind of shampoo that sticks inside my memory banks to this day (and I can't say that for many hair care products).

Once again, I am thrilled and delighted to tell you that the ladies at BeautyTicket.com have done it again--they have Brocato products and they're selling them for less than half the retail price! If you want to treat your hair--I mean really treat your hair--I'd consider picking up a bottle of Brocato while you can still get it at such a low price. Bragains like this don't come around every day--believe me.

Have you ever used Brocato hair care? I would love to know your thoughts!

A sample of this product was given to Nouveau Cheap for editorial purposes, either directly from the manufacturer or from the agency that works on behalf of the manufacturer. All reviews on NouveauCheap.blogspot.com are the honest opinion of its author and editorial samples do not, in any way, affect the outcome of product reviews.
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. I have never even heard of it, but does a matching conditioner exist? And if not, what conditioner do you use with it. I have thick long hair and can't get away with not using a conditioner, Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Tiff! Yes, there is a conditioner but I don't think BT offers it (plus, Brocato seems to be known more for their sulfate-free shampoos than anything else). I have actually been using my beloved Pantene Restoratives Anti-Breakage conditioner with this shampoo and it's been fantastic. But I would suggest that you use whatever conditioner that's working well for you already with this shampoo, and hopefully you'll see an improvement over the shampoo you're currently using. It sure works for me that way!. lol. Hope that helps? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Luuuuucky. I'm so tempted by the Curl Karma stuff. But I just bought tubes of the L'oreal EverStrong shampoo and conditioner and overnight leave-in last night, and a bottle of Joico k-pak conditioner last week...so no hair products for me for awhile. ;_;

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hana: Well, it definitely sounds like you're set with hair care for a while, but when you start to run low, you might want to check the BT site and see if they've still got some Brocato left because I'd love to know what you think of this line! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. They worked very well.I haven't tried any of their other products though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I made a spur of the moment decision and decided to try the brocato treatment at Ulta. For the past 4 or 5 years I've been wearing drawstring ponytails. My hair grew but my ends were split and my hair seemed damaged beyond repair. It cost me $59 and don't regret payng it. Thanks for the info about where to buy cheaper products because like you, I can not afford to spend that much money on hair products.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig