Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Maybelline Sweet Thing = MAC Sugar Sweet (with Shadestick dupes)??


This is one crazy day for beauty news! In the last 24 hours I have flooded you with info, but I can hardly keep up and I just want to post it all as soon as I get it, so please bear with me!

A few days ago I showed you the new Limited Edition Maybelline Sweet Thing Nail Polish Collection (click here for the pics). And when I posted that, I got a wonderful comment from my reader Cynthia. She graciously let me know that nail polishes are NOT the only things that are a part of the new Sweet Thing collection--not by a LONG SHOT.

Do you remember last year when Revlon released their limited edition Pure Confection Collection? When I posted about that (click here for the original post) I mentioned that it seemed to contain a lot of dupes from MAC's Sugar Sweet Collection.

Well Maybelline has taken this to a whole new level, people! Not only are there two other shades of nail polish (that were not featured in the display I spotted at Walgreens) that look to be dupes of MAC Peppermint Patti and Seasonal Peach nail colors, but there are also pastel eyeshadow duos, blush compacts (with adorable flowers embossed into them), and SHADESTICK DUPES! Seriously, click on over to Cynthia's blog, A Blonde Obsession, to check it out. My head is spinning at all the prettiness.

[UPDATE: Cynthia has posted swatches of all the shadow stickers, and also a review: click here to see it.]

So, ladies, does this information have you wanting to get up from your computer this very minute and head to your nearest drugstore in search of this collection? I'd love to hear your thoughts!
SHARE:

12 comments

  1. Thank you so much for the heads up! I will try to enable that right now. And of course I am reading this! You're my homepage. LOL =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. =O I just checked out A Blonde Obsession and wow that collection looks pretty promising :]
    Is it just me or has Maybelline been stepping it up lately and putting out a lot of drool-worthy collections? I'm still waiting for a BOGO to get the Eyestudio goods and I'll definitely be lemming over the shadesticks and nail polishes. I'll wait to hear the verdict on the eyeshadows before I purchase because it seems theyre either hit or miss.

    Thanks for this post!!! I really really love your blog :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh so pretty! I really hope these come over to the UK!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, I want to try the shadestick dupes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay, finally shadestick dupes! I can't wait to try these!

    ReplyDelete
  6. my head IS spinning with all your posts, but I LOVE IT. it seems like many of the newly new items aren't here on the East Coast in PA as soon as you see them but i'll keep my eyes open. (love the updates and any reviews.) still looking for the PF liners- going to try Ulta on Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohh, boy. Thanks for the update. Your posts are totally breaking me - financially, haha, but I love it.

    NEED that peach shadow stick (Touch of Toffee) and NEED one of those blushes.

    I'm seeing three blush compacts in her photos - have you seen them in person? (Anyone?) How 'peach' is the 'Pinch of Peach' blush? I've been searching relentlessly for a true peach blush.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I definitely want the shadesticks in touch of toffee and possibly the mauve one. Though it doesn't look mauve at all in the pictures.

    And I want the peach and green polishes. So pretty. <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. A Touch of Toffee is reminding me of Stila Kitten just a little. Is it just me?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow... I just discovered your blog and I am totally hooked! I'm a big fan of some other beauty blogs, but none of those are as focused on drugstore/discount items. This could be good (or bad, depending on how you look at it) for my wallet!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cynthia: OMG, I'm your *homepage*?? Never in a zillion years would I have ever thought that anyone would make this little ol' blog their homepage! I am truly honored! *blushes* :D And thanks again for posting all those great pics and the review of those shadow sticks. I've been stalking all my local drugstores trying to find these products but so far no luck. :(

    AngelicBB: Thank you SO much for the kinds words about my blog! :) And yes, Maybelline really seems to be stepping up their game in 2010 and I love them for it! And I agree about their shadows--they can be hit or miss so I will definitely post a review if/when I get one. :)

    Lillian: I'm right there with you. Shoot, I hope they find their way to San Diego at this point! lol. xo

    Phyrra: Me too! Me too! :)

    Janet: I know! They look so pretty, don't they? :)

    Heather: lol! Me too. :)

    beautifulmonday: You're not the only one whose head is spinning! lol. :) Good luck on the PF liners--they've GOT to make it to PA at some point!! :)

    audrrri: I hear you on trying to find a true peach at the drugstore. So many of them end up too pink on my skin. Hopefully this WILL be the peach we dream of! :)

    Hana: I know...I want those polishes too, darnit! lol. :)

    SilverMiko: Good call! Touch of Toffee DOES remind me of Stila Kitten! Oooh, now I *really* want it. lol! :)

    chickadee: Awww, thank you SO much for that, honey! I hope I don't cause too many lemmings for you, but...it might happen! Heck, I do it to myself when I find all of these new products in the drugstores these days! lol. xo

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig