Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Important Wet n Wild update



Hello my lovely readers! As you probably know, my exclusive first look at Wet n Wild's new 2010 collection caused a bit of a stir on my blog, so I want to take a minute to give you some answers to the various questions that have been asked regarding the fate of Wet n Wild's existing line of products.

First, the MegaEyes Creme Eyeliner is NOT going to be discontinued, so we can all breath a big sigh of relief there. Whew! I want you to know that Wet n Wild is, for the most part, looking at the new 2010 collection as an enhancement to their current product lines and it's not meant to totally replace the products you currently know and love.

BUT, there are some things that I'm afraid we'll have to say "bye-bye" to in the near future.

The old blushers are going away, but the COLORS and NAMES will remain the same. The new blushers are a reformulation of the old blushers, and I've been assured that the texture, blendability and staying power are what have been improved. Yay! So you'll still be able to find your favorite shades but they'll be even better.

As for the bronzers, I am sad to report that Acapulco Glow is going to be discontinued. So if you really love it, get it now.  BUT, don't be too sad because I've been told that  "Princess" and "Goddess", the two new bronzers (Princess is the light shade while Goddess is the med/dark shade) are a WONDERFUL alternative to the old bronzers, and that if you like Acapulco Glow, you will LOVE Princess. I've been told that the formula of the new bronzers is far superior to the old formula, so I have a feeling we won't be sad about Acapulco Glow for long!

Also, Wet n Wild's Natural Wear line will still be available, so those of you who have fallen in love with those products can breath a sigh of relief. :)

If you have a specific question about the fate of an existing product that I have not mentioned here, please leave a comment on this post and I'll do my very best to get you an answer.

I hope this helps put some of your fears to rest, and also gives you more to look forward to this month!
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. I hope the Princess is as good as Acapulco Glow b/c I am looking for a nice little highlighter. But I'm very excited to see the new WnW changes! WEE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for this info!! ive been wanting to try their liner

    do u know if their ultimate expressions palette and the single shadows in the pots are remaining?

    SO excited for these new additions!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you know anything about the future of the Craze nail polish line?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for getting us the info!! I'm sad they are d/c'ing Alcapulco Glow--I will be stockpiling whatever I can get my hands on! Regardless, I can't wait for the new goodies to hit the stores!

    Congratulations again on this exclusive!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do we know anything about the IdolEyes Cream Pencil or the MegaEyes Shadow Pot?

    ReplyDelete
  6. i was in kmart today and saw a nice end display of the new stuff from wet n wild - i bought 2 polishes and one blush - will have to report on my blog in the next day or so what i got and names and stuff....
    www.mylifeinquestion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi ladies! I just wanted you to know that I've made a list of the products you've mentioned and I will ask my contact at WnW about each one. Hopefully I'll have an answer for you tomorrow!

    And for those of you who have been lucky enough to spot any of these new products in person, I cannot WAIT to hear what you think about them!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. oooh, the blush is supposed to be even better?! I can hardly wait to try the new stuff *can hardly wait to try the new stuff*
    lolol
    YAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. the new packaging makes the products look more elegant and less teenybopper, so pass along kudos if you can. i can't wait to try the new items.

    ReplyDelete
  10. charziparzi: LOL! You crack me up! I'm so happy that I'm not the only one who's freaking out about these new WnW products! Yay! xo

    beautifulmonday: I totally, TOTALLY agree. Love it. And i will DEFINITELY pass your message along! Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig